Ping pong ball
1. Turn the funnel upside down.
2. Hold the table tennis ball in the funnel with your finger.
3. Start blowing into the narrow end of the funnel.
4. Remove your finger from the ball as you continue to blow into
1. What is holding the ball in the funnel?
2. Why doesn’t the ball fall out of the funnel when it is turned
The faster the air passes by the ball, the less pressure it exerts upon it. The
air pressure above the ball is less than the pressure under it, so the ball is held up by air.